Growing Opportunities for Women in the Middle East
According to the International Monetary Fund, the private sector is the most major source of employment opportunities for women in the Middle East. A salary guide by Robert Half lists specific sectors where women can obtain well paying job and career-opportunities. They include:
- Accounting & Finance: The salary in this sector is expected to increase by 5%. Finance Managers, management accountants and financial controllers are in demand. The sectors with the greatest opportunities for finance professionals are Real Estate and FMCG.
- Human Resources: HR jobs are projected to offer a modest hike of 1.2% in 2014. The most common sectors that an experienced female HR professional might seek in the Middle East are in Engineering, Technology and Energy industries.
- Technology: The Base compensation of job roles in this sector are expected to increase by 4.6%. Project and Program Managers as well as consultants are in high demand.
A few more industrial sectors in the Middle East that are growing rapidly:
- Operations Jobs in the Oil & Gas sector
- Information Technology
- Real Estate
How Can You Find the Best Opportunities?
Whether you’re just starting your career or an experienced professional, focus on these three things:
1. Cultivate Your Network:
Use the network of acquaintances that you possess. Contact close friends, old contacts and acquaintances in sectors you are interested in; ask them about job openings.
2. Make Use of Social Media
Whether you are a fresh university graduate or a seasoned female professional, social media is a great tool for you. Create a strong, professional profile on sites like Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Hiring managers are making great use of social sites to know more about potential job candidates. Be careful yet pro-active with your social media profiles and put your best self forward!
3. Attend Interesting Events
Take advantage by attending events hosted by charities and professional organizations. The events can be a good way to meet new people, build your network and discover potential job opportunities.